Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Thirty-two and a Half Complications by Denise Grover Swank

I  don't even know where to start with this review. I totally fell in love with this series when I read the first book after grabbing it as a freebie and have stayed in love through all of Rose's adventures. This addition to the series was amazing. Just when you think Rose is finally getting out of trouble and things are settling down, everything gets worse. I often find myself wondering just how many times and in how many ways Violet can betray Rose. I will think she can go no lower only to find out she has. She really makes a mess of things in this story.

Joe gets pretty aggressive in his pursuit of Rose throughout this book. I have to say it totally made me dislike him more and more. He says he loves her, but he shows no respect for her and consistently demeans her and blames her. I am firmly on team Mason. He listens to Rose and supports her. He and his mother make her feel like she belongs in their family. He is always there when she needs him, and I'm glad she realizes that.

I was shocked by some of the choices Rose makes even though she ended up not really having a choice. Things have definitely become more complicated, and I think Rose has picked up a new admirer. I have no idea how Rose is going to manage the situation at the nursery or her new affiliation with Skeeter, but I can't wait to find out.

Love, love, love this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment