Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Diamond Rings Are Deadly Things by Rachelle J. Christensen

I really enjoyed trying this book by an author who is new to me. Though it seemed to start a bit slow for me, it totally picked up and had me frustrated when I had to put it down to handle family issues before I could finish. The characters had me hooked in and invested in the story. I especially loved Luke.

Adri is a likable if naive young woman recovering from the murder of her best friend and starting a new wedding planning business in a new hometown. When her first shipment of extremely expensive wedding dresses are tampered with and stolen, everything starts to go downhill and Adri's life becomes somewhat dangerous. Amid all the wedding chaos, Adri also meets a couple of men who vy for her attention. Luke is bold on the outside but more shy and sensitive inside while Dallas is the exact opposite.

Once Adri is pushed into choosing one of the men, she begins to feel pressured and conflicted but sticks with it despite an intense attraction to the other man. When her relationship issues combine with a bridezilla, missing dresses, upcoming weddings, and a stalker, Adri's life spins out of control.

In the end, with the help of her newly found detecting skills and her friends, Adri helps catch a killer and put on a beautiful wedding. I loved the not quite happily ever after but realistically happy hopeful ending. I hope this is going to become a series and I can read more about Adri and her maybe man.

Thanks go out to Net Galley for providing a copy of this book for honest review:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment