Friday, July 11, 2014

Engaging the Enemy by Susanne Bellamy

I enjoyed reading this story, my first by this author. I tend to stick with traditional suspense in my typical reading habits, but the preview for this story interested me. While this was not a suspense in the usual sense of the word, the relationship between the two main characters was definitely suspenseful.

Matt and Andie were both constantly back and forth with their feelings of attraction and distrust. Every little thing seemed to spark a new doubt even though their chemistry kept them together. I liked both of the characters and liked Andie even more toward the end when she realizes her immature behavior.

Matt's accent was fun to imagine, and the Australian setting was interesting to read. I don't recall any profanity in the story, and intimate moments were behind closed doors. Overall, it was a nice clean romance with a bit of conflict.


No comments:

Post a Comment