Sunday, July 6, 2014

Going Once by Sharon Sala

I actually read the third book in this trilogy first but ended up liking it so much that I bought this book before I even finished. This was the beginning of the Stormchaser's reign of terror. The Stormchaser team of Tate, Wade, and Cameron get called out to Tate's hometown as the Stormchaser strikes during a flood of the Mississippi River. Tate's former love is the first and only witness to any of the Stormchaser's crimes when she sees him murder a family of three stuck on their roof. Even though she sees too little too identify him, the killer targets her as a way of fixing his mistakes.

Tate and Nola have never stopped loving each other and quickly settle the misunderstandings that have kept them apart. The other two members of the team also become attached to Nola, and the team works overtime to keep her safe. To further complicate matters, Tate is dealing with family issues he has been avoiding for years, and Nola is trying to cope with the loss of her home and all of her possessions in the flood.

I really enjoyed this story. The two books I've read in this series have been my only experiences with this author. I liked her writing style and her realism. The characters are very well developed, and I found myself attached to even the secondary characters. The Stormchaser is the perfect villain with just enough crazy to make him interesting and just enough creepy to keep the suspense exciting. This has been one of the better suspense series I've read recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment