Sunday, July 13, 2014

Seduction in the Shadows by T.L. Haddix

This series is one of my ultimate favorites. I have read all of the books and anxiously awaited getting my hands on this one. The foreshadowing from the previous novel led me to believe this one would be worth the wait. It absolutely was!

Joely is a really great character. She has suffered for years due to sticking to her personal moral code despite most of the town and some of her family believing the worst of her. Despite all of this, she remains sweet and quirky. When Joely meets straight laced Garrett, sparks fly even though Joely cannot comprehend why someone like him would want someone like her. Thankfully, Garrett doesn't let that keep him from pursuing her. 

Their relationship has some really sweet highs and some heart wrenching lows. As they spend time getting to know on another, Joely acquires a seemingly benign admirer. Just as Joely and Garrett reconcile their relationship, the admirer makes his move throwing everything in jeopardy.

I absolutely loved this story. As is typical with this series, many of the previous characters played prominently into this addition. I didn't find this one to be as suspenseful as some of the previous books, but it didn't keep me from being hooked into the story. There were also several laugh out loud moments that had my family looking at me strangely. While this could be read as a standalone, I recommend reading the series in order to get the most out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment