Friday, July 25, 2014

Control by Laura Marie Altom

So I started this book late at night thinking I would just read a few pages to see whether I would like the author or not. Now, here I am at 1:40a.m. having just finished it in one sitting. I literally couldn't put it down and go to bed. Even though it really wasn't what I would label a suspense, it was deep and dark and tortured in all the best ways. I enjoy books which pull me in emotionally and make me feel things. This story had me sad, hopeful, angry, and curious as to how it would all end. I knew going into reading this book that it was going to be continued in another story, but wow, what a total shocker ending. I will be anxiously awaiting the next addition to this story. I really hope Ella's abusive husband gets what he deserves in the next book.

I love first person perspective books. I enjoy the feeling it gives you of being inside a character's head. Being able read from Liam's, Ella's and Julie's ( Ella's fake identity) really helped me keep from giving up on Liam when I felt he acted insecure. Overall, I loved the novel and will totally be waiting on the next book!

Thanks to Net Galley for providing me with a copy of this book for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment